The Department of Chinese as Second Language
What We Offer
- Chinese as a Second Language (CSL) education by renowned faculty and staff
- International-standard academic environment
- Platform for further studies/career development after graduation
- Various scholarships for international students
What You Will Get
- Proficiency and competency in Chinese for effective communication in the global market
- Comprehensive understanding of the Chinese culture
Towards the degree, students have to take a minimum of 128 credit hours including 100 credits for various courses on Chinese Language, Cultures, Society and Literature and 28 credits for General Education
The department accepts 36 international students this year. The application for Fall semester should be submitted by March 15, and application for Spring semester should be submitted by October 31. To find more detaild information about admissions, please visit our homepage http://www.tcsl.ntnu.edu.tw/
Application Form : http://ap.itc.ntnu.edu.tw/istudent/apply/AP303.jsp
- Qualification: Applicants who have a high school diploma, do NOT have ROC (Taiwan) nationality, AND do NOT speak Mandarin as their mother tounge
- Documents required:
- High shcool diploma (or higher).
- Two recommendation letters.
- Autobiography and curriculum vitae (in Chinese or English).
- Certificate of Chinese proficiency, or description of experience in Chinese learning.
- Study plan (1 to 3 pages; in Chinese or English; briefly explain your reasons for studying Chinese, and future plans).
- High school transcript.
Note : Watch carefully!! http://ap.itc.ntnu.edu.tw/istudent/apply/AP302.jsp
After completing the online application http://ap.itc.ntnu.edu.tw/istudent/apply/AP303.jsp , application material must be mailed to the Office of International Affairs. (162, Section 1, Heping East Rd., Taipei 10610, Taiwan, R.O.C. 國立臺灣師範大學國際事務處收)
Office of International Affairs : http://www.ntnu.edu.tw/oia/index_en.php
Department Homepage : http://www.tcsl.ntnu.edu.tw/
Download Admission Prospectus for International Students Fall 2013 ＆ Spring 2014